ST IVE'S #001


I feel like I haven't really posted anything on here in a long time, but it turns out that doing A-levels and maintaining any sort of social life is actually quite tricky, but I thought I'd post about last weekend, when I took a break from life in the city and visited the beautiful Cornish town of St Ive's.

The place itself is beautiful, and it's instantly clear why it's been such a huge source of inspiration for British artists over the last century.

The most significant artist, the sculptor Barbara Hepworth, whose house and garden contains all of her life's work, is now owned by TATE for general tours, and is well worth a visit for anyone interested in art, or it's pretty interesting generally if you happen to be in the area.









 E x

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.