ME GUSTA: COSMO SHELDRAKE


This is Cosmo Sheldrake - who supported Johnny Flynn when I saw him at Hackney Empire on Thursday.

Describing his music is tough, because he has a style that spans many genres and is, quite honestly, unlike anything I've really heard before (I guess he's sort of a cross between James Blake, Alt-J and... something else I'm yet to discover.)

Either way, he's super talented, and there's loads of interesting anecdotes (that all came from the video below) about how he acquired all of the sounds in his songs, from the sped up sound of the sun, to a visit to the Bulgarian mountains where he collected the sound of slate breaking and a flock of sheep.


Somehow these obscure, individual things combine to make a gorgeous cacophony of sound, which I'm sure will make him go far as an artist.



www.cosmosheldrake.com

E x

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.