R U MINE?

I've always loved Arctic Monkeys - Alex Turner's writing style was so edgy and different when they first came on the scene with 'I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor' almost eight years ago, and they've been loading off hit after hit after hit ever since - they've released 4 albums, won 5 BRIT awards, headlined Glastonbury twice, performed during the Opening Ceremony of the Olympics... you could say that they're generally quite a successful band! I can't wait until their next album, because if 'R U Mine?' and 'Do I Wanna Know?' are anything to go by, it's gonna be amazing.

If there music wasn't enough, their cool Mancunian Northern* accents and Alex Turner's sense of style would make me love them anyway, but the combination of their northern charm and witty lyrics make the Monkeys unique.









*I swear, I knew they were from Sheffield, I just get really excitable and thick sometimes)
Look, they even had their area code on their drum during their performance at Glastonbury this year!

xxx

3 comments:

  1. sidfhdskjfhd I love the arctic monkeys! They're from Sheffield though with more of a yorkshire accent but sdjfskj I agree about Alex's songwriting skills

    -Aida

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that band <3 You look good on the dancefloor is one of my favourite songs
    Aoife xx
    http://passtheteacup.blogspot.ie/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. r u mine is my alarm and i nearly hate the song now :-P but arctic monkeys are so good ugh
    x

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.